miércoles, 6 de junio de 2012

Tues, June 5th (Day 13)

It was a pretty chill day. I was in a 2nd year math class for the first block, then I was in the 6th year math class for half of the second block. After that I left because there was no math class that I could go to for the other half. Nothing new there. I just did some student case study notes. What was funny in the 6th year class is that one of the boys came up to my and my classmates and introduced himself and his two friends. Then he asked the girls next to us to say, "We are very friendly." When the girls told him that sentence he just said, "what she said" in spanish. It was pretty funny. It was the first boy to talk to us. Normally the boys hang back and stare as the girls come up and talk to us all the time.

After that I went to El Anglo for my visit. I got to sit in a 4th grade class. It was very interesting because they were doing a marathon of problems where they solve a problem then they have to run to a different room to get the next problem until they finish all 5. It was so cute. One problem with the way the class was run is that after the first break the students were given more time to finish but a lot of them were finished and there was nothing for them to do so they just sat around and kind of read books. I feel like the teacher should have had some sort of activity to do while they waited. Then when almost all were done she started them on a response to the activity which she could have started earlier when a lot of them were waiting. According to Arianna (the girl placed in the class that I was visiting with) said that students having a lot of time to do nothing is very normal and that it never happens in America. They are taught to have activities fo the students to be always working on or the keep the kids active somehow.

There was nothing planned for the evening except to talk to the professor about our final project. I am grouping up with the other Secondary Education juniors to do a presentation to some College of Education faculty, staff, and students in the fall. After that I went shopping with some classmates and bought some souvenirs. I bought a lot but barely spent any American money. It was great. I got a pair of boots for myself. It was a good night. We came back and ate at a resto-bar that was down the street from El Anglo. It was decent. It was called Legends. lol. Chambana bar names are in Argentina. Besides that it was a bum night. :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario