lunes, 18 de junio de 2012

Argentine BBQ (AKA Asado) at Professor's house

Sunday, June 17 (Day 25)

Second Argentine BBQ! This one was at my professor's house. There were lots of different salads and a lot of meat. I was so full from that one meal. It was almost my only meal of the day because it was filling. There was so much meat! If they eat like this at least once a week I will find me an Argentine man and move down here permanently. lol. Just kidding... maybe... I think I would have to learn Spanish first, but I really like all the meat they eat here. :) Something will never be able to be replicated in the states and this kind of BBQ is one of them. They start the fire on the side and then move the hot coals under the meat to cook. Apparently it is a very delegate process. The cooks serve the meat as it gets ready because it is juicer that way and way better than American BBQ. So the cook doesn't really get to sit down and eat until the very end. At the end when the cook(s) come in you stand up and clap fro their amazing work. Our cooks were Analia's husband, her two sons, and Jana's husband. They did an amazing job. I will never forget that amazing meal.


  

After the amazing meal we had a little question and answer panel with Analia for whatever unanswered questions we still had after observing in the classrooms. In the picture below from left to right: Analia(principal at Misericordia), Jana(translator/professor's daughter), Marilyn(my professor), and Daniel(doc student/translator).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario