jueves, 14 de junio de 2012

So many laughs, so little time...

Thursday, June 14th (Day 22)

Hilarious day! I don't even think I can blog about all of it.

This morning was interesting. I sat through the 6th year Naturales math class with Analia again. That class is just awesome. They are so welcoming and hilarious. By far my favorite class to sit in. I learned a lot about how to teach how to find the values that don't exist in a function but I also learned that seniors can be ridiculous. One of the guys blew me a kiss as I left. I felt really awkward because he is the age of my future students and I have never talked to him ever. Just his friend, who is hilarious because he really doesn't know any of the material so I have no idea how he is going to pass his test next week. It is very interesting how students always help each other out. They focus on working in groups and supporting each other. In America, most students are all for themselves but in Argentina it's all about helping your fellow classmates and progressing together. These students also make me laugh with the funny things they say to us every chance they get. Like one boy coming by and telling my classmate that this guy wants to give her a kiss or blow a kiss or something like that.

After that class I was in an English class for 3rd years. I find it hard for the students to learn English because their teacher is not a native English speaker. I guess that is one advantage in America, we can find native speakers to teach our foreign languages. I think it is also difficult for the students to learn English when the teacher is giving instructions in Spanish. The teacher needs to speak more English in the classroom so the students get used to hearing English. Their workbooks are really interesting and I think they are really helpful to learning English. They just need to have more conversations instead of just fill in the blank.

I finished all my afternoon visits so a group of us Misericordia placed kids got together to start the thank you letter to Misericordia. It will be a really long heart felt letter. We were goofing off a lot too but when you get a bunch of friends working together, what do you expect? It was a great bunch of laughs. I actually ended up going to Dee's dance group and Charmaine's 'sports' dance again. This time it was with the 6th year Naturales students. It was really funny. In total two guys were there but they didn't participate. I wish they did. The dances we did were for everyone. I kind of understand why they didn't want to do the 'sports' dance (i.e. cheerleading) thing but there are guy cheerleaders. Whatever. I think they probably just had a bunch of fun watching their classmates try everything we were teaching.

While we were waiting for our professor, things got very interesting in the lobby of the hotel. One of the guys that works at the hotel is in love with one of my classmates and the way we joke around with it can keep me laughing for days. Then one of my classmates had to share what happened with me to the dude that worked there and he told me that there is no law against me dating someone 4 years younger than me that is in high school. The worst part of that was he started that pretend making out with someone where you basically hug yourself and wiggle weirdly. Yea I couldn't stop laughing... But I am a bit mad at my classmate for telling the hotel person. That was such a awkward moment...

This night was the first of 4 dispedidas (good-bye event) at the teacher's college. We just went to 4 different classrooms and said good-bye and thanks for teaching us so much. It was nice but it was also long. We also had to introduce ourselves to the first class just to say good-bye. It was weird.

The picture to the right is of Ricki, Paola, and Brigid (left to right) waiting to go into a classroom to say goodbye.

After that a few classmates and I went to the Mexican restaurant/bar again. I got tacos this time. It was amazing! We had hilarious and partially inappropriate dinner conversations. It was great! I don't know if I have ever laughed that much during a meal.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario