sábado, 2 de junio de 2012

Day 1 in Cordoba!

We took a bud to Cordoba for the weekend because there was some big event in Alta Gracia so we didn't have our hotel rooms for the weekend. So basically everyone got on the bus really tired because we had to leave Alta Gracia at 9am. On the bus, Lauren was so determined to get my phone out of its case because many have tried and none have succeeded... Here is a victory photo!

We arrived in Cordoba around 10:45am. We got to throw our suitcases in our room and get taxis to a public schools that has this musical requirement. Students have to audition in singing and playing an instrument. If students don't improve while they are at the school they have to leave. It is kind of intense for a public school... It was so interesting. The kids were really good. I got to sit in a language arts class, an orchestra class, and a couple of choir classes. It was really interesting. The orchestra class was really cool. There were a lot of recorders. I have more photos of the orchestra but those will probably just be put on facebook.
 
 Nicole with some kids in choir.

At the end when we were leaving a choir class the group I was with walk into the main entrance area to find my other classmates being surrounded by little children giving out autographs. It was hilarious! I gave out two autographs. My classmates were saying they knew how celebraties feel when people are shoving paper in their faces for autographs. Paola, one of my classmates, said it was pretty mild until she sarcastically asked them who else wanted an autograph from an American movie star. hahahahahahaha or as the Argentines type, jajajajaja. It was so funny!

                                          Lexus (left) and Charmaine (Right) being celebraties!

We went to a cafe and had lunch. I had a Lomo Completo, which is the same thing as a Lomito. After that we went shopping. I didn't buy anything but that's because I didn't have enough pesos, well I did but if I bought something I would run out of pesos and I don't know where the money exchange place is in Cordoba. We met with the Dean of Education at Universidad Católica de Córdoba. It was very interesting for her to share the history of education with us. Then we had some more free time until dinner at 9:30pm. I just chilled on my computer. Talked to some people at home. I kind of wish I took a nap but oh well... The we went to a restaurant called Il Gatto Cafe. I got a Chicken Caesar Salad.

After that we went out to the disco! We met up with Nacho and 5 of his friends. Sorry folks, if you think I'm just a good girl who doesn't drink at all, you're wrong. I'm 21, why can't I just have one drink at a discoteca? Now one drink in Argentina has the same amount of alcohol as 3 drinks in Champaign-Urbana but only 1/3 the amount of the mixer. Like my cup with 3/4 Absolut Vanilla and 1/4 coca-cola. (I know the math doesn't add up but I just don't feel like figuring it out...) I felt I like I was drinking straight up vodka... It was expensive, by American standards so I might not ever get a drink in a bar or at the discoteca anymore in Argentina. It was really fun dancing with most of my classmates. They played American music. It was really fun. I left early with a few of my classmates and some more trickled into the hotel a couple of hours later. And when I mean I left early, I left at 2:30 in the morning... I didn't go to bed until 5am because we were busy talking. I kind of wish I slept more... I'm really sleepy and have not had coffee. We are just going to have to see how day 2 in Cordoba goes.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario