viernes, 8 de junio de 2012

Thurs, June 7th (Day 15)

The illegal adventures in Argentina are fun! lol. Just kidding. I don't think it was illegal, we were climbing under this fence with one of the teacher classes and some professors. 
But that's what my class in the morning. We hopped on a bus to go to a rural school and see what it is like. The kids were so cute! I made a friend. She spoke some English and loved using gestures so we had a little bit of a conversation. She asked me if I had any siblings and I said I had one brother then she asked me if he was on this trip. I had to say no and laugh because I am assuming she thought the only other Asian on the trip was my brother. lol. We all look the same right? hahahaha. We DON'T!!!! Don't tell me we do because that is just plain mean... But to these kids I guess we might all look the same or related since they don't see many/any Asians. It was really funny at the time but in any other circumstance I probably would have not laughed. Anyways, it was very interesting to learn about rural schools and how they are changing. It was so cute. All the kids wanted to hear us speak in English even though they couldn't speak in English. 

After visiting the school we went to the forest area near by and climbed under a barbed wire fence to walk around a forest with horse poop everywhere. We learned about different places that are native and not native to Argentina. The teacher college students were doing an assignment so they were collecting plants. We were just kind of walking around, looking, taking photos, and being bored. It was partially interesting. I was just really tired so I kind of didn't want to be there. Climbing under a barbed wire fence was kind of fun. Something I have never done before and now I can cross it off my bucket list. lol It was never on my bucket list because I never thought I would have the chance to do it without it being illegal. There wasn't much after we climbed out of the enclosed area. We kind of had a sing-a-long on the bus ride home. It was pretty fun.

The rest of the day was pretty chill. I think we cut back on night activities which is great because I don't feel as exhausted at the end. I took a 3-hour long nap. Then it was time to go to an "early" (6pm) dinner at my professor's house. Yes, she has a house in Alta Gracia. It is beautiful! We had a nice dinner of empanadas, pizza, salad, and bread with vanilla, chocolate, and dolce de leche ice cream for dessert. There was some discussion of what we have noticed in schools and about politics in Argentina. Then it was back to the freezing hotel to just hang out with my classmates until I got tired. The hotel said they would turn up the heat but I haven't noticed any difference. I almost feel like I am sleeping outside in a tent not in a hotel room... 

1 comentario:

  1. soooo if you think having a sing along on the bus is fun you should come to day camp with me... we sing repeat-after-me songs (which are pretty much all ones that I learned at girl scout camp) every time we have to go somewhere. I have a bad feeling that it's going to get annoying somewhere around the middle of the summer. haha

    -Ashley

    ResponderEliminar