sábado, 2 de junio de 2012

Day 2 in Cordoba!

Today was pretty relaxed, which is awesome but somehow it was kind of off...

We had the morning off which is nice since we went out yesterday. We had a tour of Colegio Monserrat which is a historic, elite private elementary and high school. It was very interesting learning about the school and its history but I'm sure most of the class was a bit hung over... Especially those who stayed out all night and by all night I mean until 6am. All of us were tired so that probably also didn't help. Then we had a small walking tour through the main historic part of the pedestrian street mall area. It was interesting but I was so tired I barely paid attention. I caught info here and there but if I was in the back of the group and could barely hear I would just zone out.


We had lunch at Solar De Tejeda. I ate Milinesa Napolitana, or bread thin steak with tomatoes, ham, and cheese on top. Yum! It was really good. I also had a side salad which you only get oil and vinegar for a dressing but it was really good. I might eat my salads like that in the states.

Shopping time! After lunch we were technically free until the next morning when we are leaving. I went shopping with some classmates and we went to just the few stores that were open because apparently all stores close Saturday around 2pm and don't open up again until Monday. I think they lose a lot of business this way but whatever. I also like the fact that we only have free time when stores are closed. How am I suppose to get souvenirs for people if I can't go shopping? Anyways.... I bought some stuff. Everything is a decent amount of pesos but really cheap in American dollars. I bought a scarf for my grandma for 38 pesos which is about 7.30 American dollars. It's about 5 pesos to 1 dollar. A great exchange rate if you ask me. While walking around shopping I found a Red Lion. It's like I am back on campus. Since we shopped for a long time, I only got about 45 minutes for a nap. Which is not enough if you want to party all night...


We got ready and I looked really cute (if I had a photo I would put it up but my classmate has it...). I went to the apartment to pre-game with my classmates, Nacho, and friends but I just wasn't feeling it. My allergies are flaring up. I also feel nauseous from the pizza they ordered for us. That's why I can't sleep right now... So I left when two of my classmates wanted to leave. Its just been one of those nights where you don't feel like going out. I am also not the type of person to go out two nights in a row. I've done it once and the second night wasn't that great that time either... Oh well. I hope my classmates don't judge because I tried to stay and participate, my body just beat my will to live the Argentine life.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario